1-877-220-1539 info@visaforyou.ca


Applying for a Canadian citizenship would be the best choice you will ever make. As a citizen, you can vote in all Canadian elections, travel as a Canadian citizen, and stay abroad without worrying about meeting the Canadian residency.



You must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,460 days during the six years immediately before the date of your application. You must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of application. These requirements do not apply to children under 18.

Canadian Citizenship applications are not what they used to be. In the past the applicants application would be reviewed by a Canadian Immigration officer, a Citizenship test would be conducted, and if the applicant passed the test the citizenship would be granted. Nowadays, Numerous citizenship applications are now being assessed closely in order to see if the applicant does meet the new residency requirements. Some applicants are unaware to how can they prove their residency in the current application.

There are several types of documents that should be included within a Canadian Citizenship application, even though Immigration Canada does not necessarily ask for those documents.

If you are thinking about applying for a Canadian Citizenship or are having some issues with your current application, such as: trying to prove your residency requirements, please contact us. We can help you with your application to minimize the stress and provide you with successful results.


Your PR card needs to be valid when you show it at any port of entry. If your card expires, you will have to apply for a new one. You are still a permanent resident if your card expires.

You should only apply for a PR card if:

  • You didn’t receive your PR card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada;
  • Your PR card is expired or will expire in less than nine months;
  • Your PR card has been lost, stolen, or destroyed; or
  • You legally changed your name and need to update your PR card.

To meet these residency obligations, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period.

This means that you can spend a total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period. However, if you have been a permanent resident for less than 5 years and decide to leave the country for an extended period of time, it is up to you to prove to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you will be able to meet your residency requirements.

If you are outside Canada for extended periods of time, you can accumulate residency days if you are:

Travelling with a Canadian spouse or common-law partner, or area child under 19 years of age accompanying a parent, or
Employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or the Public Service of Canada and area assigned a position outside of Canada, or
The spouse, common-law partner or child of a permanent resident who is outside Canada and who is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or the Public Service of Canada.

A Visa For You Immigration specialist will be in the best position to help you determine if you can apply under this program. Please complete our Immigration Assessment Form to find out from one of our immigration specialists if you would qualify under this program.


Yes , we are open! Message us now to hear the latest updates on the Coronavirus’ impact on Canadian immigration