1-877-220-1539 info@visaforyou.ca


Criminal Inadmissibility

Having stopped at the Port of Entry (POE) and not being granted access due to a criminal record can be an overwhelming concern for someone who wishes to come to Canada.

A former charge or conviction may make you inadmissible into Canada. Nevertheless, there are ways a criminal inadmissibility issue can be overcome.

Depending on the amount of time has passed since the conviction occurred or the severity of the crime, the issue may or may not hurt your application for a Canadian visa.

How to fix ?Criminal Inadmissibility:

In order to overcome criminal inadmissibility, the applicant is faced with three options:

Depending on the offence itself, where it took place, and how long has passed since you were convicted.


To be considered Rehabilitated enough time has to pass since the time of the offence and the time of the completed sentence. 

If you not enough time has passed since the sentence of the crime has finished, an individual can also overcome criminal inadmissibility through rehabilitation.

Criminal rehabilitation involves an evaluation of whether a person is likely be involved in criminal activity again. In order to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation application, individuals must be able to show:

  • That they have been rehabilitated
  • That they are unlikely to be involved in future crimes.
  • At least 5 years have passed since the end of their criminal sentence (Parole sentence, probation, and any fees to be paid).

Even though am individual is in fact inadmissible, a TRP allows the individual legal entry to Canada for a certain period of time. It is basically a pass that temporarily liftsthe individual’s inadmissibility so that she or he may enter Canada. It can be valid for as short as 30 days or up to a maximum of three years. Call us now and find out how to get a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).

Removal Order & Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

Were you issued a Removal Order?

If you have, it is important to know what type of removal order was given. If you have been the subject of a removal order from Canada you will probably need an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) if you want to return. Whether you need one depends on the type of removal order that was issued.

Types of Removal Orders and their Consequences:

Departure Order – If you received a Departure Order and;

  • left Canada within the required 30 days and;
  • verified your departure with a Canadian immigration officer at the port of exit you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

If you left the country without verifying your departure, or more than 30 days after the Departure Order was issued, the Departure Order automatically becomes a Deportation Order and you need to apply for an ARC.
Exclusion Order – If you were issued an Exclusion Order and;

  • 12 months have passed since you left Canada and;
  • you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

If you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued, or do not have a Certificate of Departure, you need to apply for an ARC.

Deportation Order – If you have been the subject of a Deportation Order you will need to apply for an ARC.

??Challenging Removal Orders

?If you are a Permanent Residents you may have a right to appeal the Removal Order to the Immigration Appeal Division. The right to appeal the removal order will depend upon why it was issued.

When applying for an ARC Applicants must demonstrate:

Compelling reasons to consider an ARC when weighed against the circumstances that necessitated the issuance of a removal order,
They pose a minimal risk to Canadians and to Canadian society
Please contact us immediately for assistance, as time plays a significant factor in situation like these.

A Visa For You Immigration specialist will be in the best position to help you determine if you can apply under this program. Please complete our Immigration Assessment Form to find out from one of our immigration specialists if you would qualify under this program.


Yes , we are open! Message us now to hear the latest updates on the Coronavirus’ impact on Canadian immigration